Rainbows in my eyes is a collection of poems by J. K. Rowbory, published by Longman.
Jenny Rowbory was born in 1986 in Ashford, Middlesex, and currently lives in Lincolnshire. During her first year at university in 2004, she became ill with a virus that caused severe M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: inflammation of the brain and spinal cord). M.E. affects all bodily systems, causing Jenny to be bed-bound and unable to sit up or speak. She is acutely ill and has life-threatening situations every day.
All the money made from the poetry book goes straight into The Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society to help fund her medical treatment.
[UPDATE: In May 2015, after genetic testing, Jenny was diagnosed with Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. This is on top of her diagnosis of very severe M.E.]
How can I buy the book?
1. Ordering online through Amazon
You can order through Amazon.co.uk. Ordering through this link will benefit the Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society.
2. Ordering from other bookshops
The book can also be ordered through bookshops. (The ISBN number is 978-1-4082-4968-0.)
3. Ordering from the USA
If you are resident in the USA you can order via lifestream: https://www.lifestream.org/product/rainbows-in-my-eyes/
- 22 Aug 16: What was my experience of the Rio Olympics?
- 15 Jul 16: My favourite fictional female characters
- 28 Jun 16: Words that help me
- 12 May 16: All the things that you never wanted to know about my life with an acute chronic illness
- 15 Jan 16: Book Club: January
Full News Archive