Rainbows in my eyes is a collection of poems by J. K. Rowbory, published by Longman.
Jenny Rowbory was born in 1986 in Ashford, Middlesex, and currently lives in Lincolnshire. During her first year at university in 2004, she became ill with a virus that caused severe M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: inflammation of the brain and spinal cord). M.E. affects all bodily systems, causing Jenny to be bed-bound and unable to sit up or speak. She is acutely ill and has life-threatening situations every day.
All the money made from the poetry book goes straight into The Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society to help fund her medical treatment.
[UPDATE: In May 2015, after genetic testing, Jenny was diagnosed with Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We do not know if this means that she doesn’t have M.E. anymore or if she has both Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome AND very severe M.E.]
How can I buy the book?
1. Ordering online through Amazon
You can order through Amazon.co.uk. Ordering through this link will benefit the Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society.
2. Ordering from other bookshops
The book can also be ordered through bookshops. (The ISBN number is 978-1-4082-4968-0.)
3. Ordering from the USA
If you are resident in the USA you can order via lifestream: http://www.lifestream.org/content/rainbows-my-eyes
- 30 Oct 15: Book club: October review
- 10 Oct 15: Update on Jenny's operation and week in hospital - October 2015
- 1 Oct 15: Jenny's virtual book club
- 1 Oct 15: Audiobook review: The Final Empire (Mistborn Book 1) by Brandon Sanderson
- 23 Aug 15: What role have books played in my life?
Full News Archive