Rainbows in my eyes is a collection of poems by J. K. Rowbory, published by Longman.
Jenny Rowbory was born in 1986 in Ashford, Middlesex, and currently lives in Wales. During her first year at university in 2004, she became ill with a virus that caused severe M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: inflammation of the brain and spinal cord). M.E. affects all bodily systems, causing Jenny to be bed-bound and unable to sit up or speak. She is acutely ill and has life-threatening situations every day.
All the money made from the poetry book goes straight into The Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society to help fund her medical treatment.
[UPDATE: In May 2015, after genetic testing, Jenny was diagnosed with Vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. This is on top of her diagnosis of very severe M.E.]
How can I buy the book?
1. Ordering online through Amazon
You can order through Amazon.co.uk. Ordering through this link will benefit the Jenny Rowbory Medical Fund Society.
2. Ordering from other bookshops
The book can also be ordered through bookshops. (The ISBN number is 978-1-4082-4968-0.)
3. Ordering from the USA
If you are resident in the USA you can order via lifestream: https://www.lifestream.org/product/rainbows-in-my-eyes/
- 1 Dec 16: Jenny's 100 Question Quiz in aid of M.E. Research UK and Annabelle's Challenge - plus there are 10 prizes, including tickets to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- 13 Oct 16: All the television that I have ever seen
- 22 Aug 16: What was my experience of the Rio Olympics?
- 15 Jul 16: My favourite fictional female characters
- 28 Jun 16: Words that help me
Full News Archive